Max,

        I can understand your position and respect the desire not to dilute
the Fink policy unless absolutely positively necessary, even if-- in this
one case-- I disagree.

        And I *fully* support your proposal regarding a third party section.
I actually have a few Fink packages I have put together that will never be
accepted because they completely violate policy; the most notable being
the Jode package (as it installs a binary).

        It would be nice if there was a mechanism for injecting a hunk of
.info files into fink;  ones that are completely unsupported or totally
local.

        b.bum

On Thursday, March 28, 2002, at 03:41 PM, fink-devel-
[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Instead, ship them as a "add-on" module. In fact, I'd be willing to
> discuss the idea of hosting them at the Fink site, in a special
> "3rd-party" section. The idea being that we clearly say: these
> packages are not by the core Fink team, we don't provide support for
> them; but still they should work OK". Or alternatively, if you'd
> prefer, we could add a link from our Link section to the,.

b.bum
We gladly feast on those who would subdue us.