It was brought up today on #fink that in the shared libraries project, there
has not been total consistency in how we are using the -bin and -dev
variants.

I admit to being somewhat at fault here.  Although we clearly spelled out
in the policy discussions that -bin should be used when the library is
the primary thing, and -dev should be used when the binaries are the
primary thing, it turns out that at the moment it is much easier to do the
upgrade when -dev is chosen.  So I may have chosen -dev a bit too often
in my zeal to finish this project promptly.

I am willing to go back and re-do any cases which people feel are egregious
violations of policy.  Please let me know which ones should be redone.

  Thanks,
  Dave