I'm slowly making progress on dx-2.4.0-- sorry to get everyone's hopes
up be prematurely submitting a compiled package...

I installed autoconf-2.5, and automake 1.5 to test for compatibility--
most bug reports concerned this.

The quick fix seems to be
SetCPP: cc -E -traditional-cpp
although this may unduly restrict the user to apple's build in compiler.
(This is not all bad: gcc3 appears to be incompatible with dx-4.2.0)

Is there a way to get fink to properly expand $(CC) ? i.e
SetCPP: $(CC) -E -traditional-cpp
does not seem to work; it's flagged as "not sane" by configure-- the
shell variable does not correctly expand.

In the mean time, it appears there's a bug in autoconf-2.5.

Jeremy