Jean-François

> libxslt-1.0.18-1 failed with install_name error

that's strange. i just compiled it yesterday with the april dev tool
gcc3 without any error. after reading your mail i even did a fink
rebuild libxslt and copied (tee) the output to a log. in case anyone is
interested i put the log on my mac homepage.

 http://homepage.mac.com/mathmeye/

anyway. in addition some more gcc3 stuff:

SUCCESSFUL
exuberant-ctags-5.2.3-1
gnome-mime-data-1.0.7-3
libmikmod-3.1.9-3
libxslt-1.0.18-1
slang-1.4.5-3
librsvg-1.0.3-2
eel-1.0.2-3
libxpg4-20010605-17

fink-0.9.12-1
base-files-1.5-1
gzip-1.2.4a-6
(together with your's these three complete the packages listed
'required' in dselect)

UNSUCCESSFUL
libxml2_2.4.22-1 (new version, breaks with install_name error)
libghttp-1.0.9-3 (internal link edit command failed)
gnome-vfs-1.0.5-4 (breaks with install_name error)
librep-0.14-6 (breaks with install_name error)
mc-4.5.55-1 (see log)
nautilus-1.0.6-2 (breaks with install_name error)
mozilla-1.0rc3-1 (iid_NS_ISUPPORTS_IID causes a section type conflict,
see log)

the logs for mc and mozilla are on the mac homepage as well.

i can't give you an answer to you second question whether one should
post compile success with gcc3 to the list or not. in the moment not too
many people are doing so, so i think it causes only very little traffic.
where i see the problem is, that people get different results, ie.
libxslt compiled fine for me but failed for you. this means that a
report of a complie success can't be taken any more as a guarantee that
the package will build with gcc3 under any conditions and therefore it
defeats the whole idea of posting compile success to the list. any
suggestions how we should report compile succes are therefore most
welcome.

mathias