Thanks for diagnosing this problem: I had noticed it affecting fvwm2 at some
point, but was never able to accurately determine what was going on.

I have created modified versions of the swi-prolog and wmmail packages
which do not depend on libxpm, and they both build fine on 10.1 and 10.2;
I will commit them shortly.

As for libxpm itself, we can't completely remove it because users maybe have
compiled programs which link to it.  However, this is one of the strengths
of the shlibs system: we can remove the libxpm package but leave the
libxpm-shlibs package for backwards compatibility.  (Note that
/sw/lib/libxpm.dylib belongs to libxpm not libxpm-shlibs, so future
compiles will not find this library, which will remain installed as
/sw/lib/libxpm.4.dylib where compiled binaries can find it.)

I will commit a new libxpm-shlibs package and remove the original libxpm
package.

  -- Dave