On Thursday, November 28, 2002, at 12:00  PM, Carsten Klapp wrote:

- I edit a LOT of my info files, IMHO there are too many packages with ludicrous dependencies. How will signature verification affect people who do this? There's no way I'm building (or even installing from binary) texinfo just to use bash, ghostscript to install imagemagick, doxygen & tetex to use id3lib...

We don't support that. If you are removing all those deps, then you could be lacking major parts of these apps.. In those cases texinfo is used to generate documentation (many apps BuildDepend on it).

The idea of fink is that everyone gets the same deb. There is no variants scheme yet.

-Ben