[EMAIL PROTECTED] (Daniel Lord) wrote :

> Unfortunately, all developers have to sign their work to
> accommodate the option, so it is more work for already over-worked
> developers.

Thats' not *that* extra work.

We (at least it is recommended) include MD5 sums in info files, right ?

And signing the info file is just an extra step, which can be easyly
automated. A detached signature, would add the extra bonus that info
file is not modified, thus no need to modify trhe parsing code. If there
is a "blah-0.9-1.info.asc", verify "blah-0.9-1.info", using packager's
public key, otherwise, skip it.

--
Xavier
http://www.freetibet.org