On Friday, February 7, 2003, at 06:56  PM, jeff whitaker wrote:

On Fri, 7 Feb 2003, Ben Hines wrote:

Provides/Conflicts/Replaces should work fine.. the only thing that
needs to be done is to change ALL versioned dependencies in other
packages on xfree* to add "| xfree86". Then Provides/Conflicts/Replaces
should work fine and this abuse of the fink system shouldn't be needed.

This prerelease package should be removed immediately.

-Ben
Tell you what Ben - why don't you try it and see. If it works, go ahead
and replace my package. I gave it my best shot.

Well, i don't know. Maybe my solution won't work. But, apparently your package does not work with apt at all, according to Ben Reed.

I think our xfree86 packages need to work with apt, because we have a binary distribution too.

So tell you what. You fix your packages, i'll fix mine.

-Ben