On Friday, February 7, 2003, at 08:13  PM, jeff whitaker wrote:

Especially if there are binary packages available. The --force-depends is
necessary - we've had that discussion in the past when the -threaded
package was introduced. Ben Reed has reported a problem with apt - that
can be fixed by removing the "Provides: xfree86-base-threaded" and
Would a dummy -threaded package that depends on the new xfree86 packages work? That would be fairly clean, i think... we'd just have some dummy info files around for a while. (maybe we could have a new section for "obsolete" packages, like those. ?

-Ben