On Tuesday, March 4, 2003, at 05:39 PM, Ben Hines wrote:

Particularly never add a "-RC1" or something similar just "because you can use epoch to correct it later". It is better to not package that version, or if you must, fudge the version so it works with dpkg's system. If you see a strange version with a new package update, make sure it will update cleanly later before adding it.

Epoch is only to correct errors, or if the upstreams change their entire versioning scheme.

I've just submitted a bunch of packages elib, eieio, semantic, speedbar and jde. These are all still in the package submission page.

The speedbar version is speedbar-0.14beta4, and this beta version is required by the latest (non beta) jde-2.3.2.

I was going to leave it as is and use Epoch if and when speedbar-0.14 comes out, but I'm happy to change it if anyone can suggest something better.

Any suggestions?

--
Rohan Lloyd