Am Montag, 17.11.03 um 00:16 Uhr schrieb b.bum:

On Nov 16, 2003, at 10:48 AM, Martin Costabel wrote:
Randal L. Schwartz wrote:
[]
OK... that's the problem. The "rsync" package in fink is broken.

I am against the death penalty, in general, but in this case it seems appropriate. In any case, Panther's rsync is more recent than 2.5.5

I haven't seen the rsync maintainer recently either (CCed).

I'm still around... haven't had much of a chance to look at my rsync packages for quite some time.

Can we kill this package in 10.2-gcc3.3 and in 10.3?

I'd recommend against doing that simply because the rsync folks tend to release a burst of new versions that will take some time before they show up in OS X.

And on 10.2.8, Apple shipped rsync 2.5.2. I very much would prefer if we could just update our rsync package to 2.5.6. Shouldn't be difficult. Either Bill can do it himself, or one of us can do it for him.

Cheers,

Max