On Thu, Nov 20, 2003 at 09:35:38AM -0500, David R. Morrison wrote:
> > To fix, try reinstalling Test::Harness from
> > http://search.cpan.org/dist/Test-Harness/ and use "make install UNINST=1"
> > to make sure the old version is deleted.
>
> This is not The Fink Way (TM). :)

No, this is The Try This And See If It Solves Your Problem While We Work On
A Proper Solution (TM).  And I still haven't gotten a failure report so this
is all guesswork.  Could you please run "make test /tmp/test.out 2>&1" and
post that?

> We need robust fink packages for 5.6.0 which install the Test:: code
> in whatever way its going to be needed by the testing suite.  Obviously,
> these are the packages which we'll want to put into the 10.2 bootstrap.

Yes, I know.  As mentioned the fink-core guys are aware of it and it looks
like the testing packages will be going into bootstrap.

> P.S. Fink claims that my test-harness-pm, test-inline-pm, and
> test-simple-pm packages are up to date.

Doesn't matter.  The test-harness-pm probably isn't using UNINST=1 so
its probably shadowed by the original version in 5.6.0, too.

Run "perl -MTest::Harness -wle 'print $Test::Harness::VERSION'" and let me
know what it says.  If its less than 2.00 then you have a shadowing
problem.  Check "perldoc -l Test::Harness" to find out what file Perl is

Again, unless I can see the failure report this is complete guesswork.

--
Michael G Schwern        [EMAIL PROTECTED]  http://www.pobox.com/~schwern/
Stupid am I?  Stupid like a fox!