Kevin Horton said:
> What if fink was set up to automatically report successful compilations to
> the package maintainer?  The e-mail could contain the package version, OS
> version, and list of installed packages.  It could also report
> unsuccessful
> compilations to the maintainer, although this is probably not
> necessary.  This would mean a flood of e-mails for maintainers with many
> popular packages, but they could set up some kind of filter in their
> e-mail
> to deal with it.

Maybe this could be merged with the popularity-contest submissions. I'm
not too familiar with how the point releases are identified, but there's
probably a way to tell whether someone downloaded a package, or compiled
it on their own machine.

This way, you could compile a bunch of packages, and the information would
get mailed out only once a week (which could be handy for laptops).

Of course, this would require a little more advocacy of
popularity-contest, besides any changes to the inner workings of the code.

--
Charles Lepple