Hi Dave,

On Dec 12, 2003, at 2:16 PM, David R. Morrison wrote:

Hi Remi. As Ben Reed pointed out, our biggest problem in setting up more
frequent bindists is getting the system fully automated. In fact, as of
now, only three people have ever made full bindists, and its only a
partially automated process. To find out how it works, you can look in
the "scripts" CVS module (although the instructions there are not complete).

If somebody out there wanted to work on getting this process into better
shape, that would be great.

I spent a rainy Sunday looking through the scripts used to make a bin dist and started improving them. I'm not yet finished and there are sure many bugs left.

However, I send here a part of the new HOWTO showing the assumptions I made and the steps needed to make a binary distribution. I'd like to hear your comments about it. The scripts are documented in more detail in a README which I do not include here due to space considerations.