I hope it's OK to ask this here. I've spent hours on the fink website looking, and googling, but I'm still missing something...

I am the author the Gri application (http://gri.sf.net) which I developed on vms/solaris/.../linux but now I have an OSX box on my desk, so I'd like to learn how to use fink to build Gri LOCALLY. I don't see any options to "fink build" that would tell me to use a particular .info file and a particular .tgz file, for a local build. (This sort of thing is easy in Redhat, so I imagine it must be easy in FINK also, since otherwise it would be hard for packagers to do local testing.)

Again, I'm sorry if this is covered well in some document ... a one-liner reply with a hint would be VERY appreciated by this fink newbie.

Dan E. Kelley, Associate Professor phone:(902)494-1694
Oceanography Department, Dalhousie University fax:(902)494-2885
Halifax, Nova Scotia mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Canada B3H 4J1 http://www.phys.ocean.dal.ca/~kelley/Kelley_Dan.html