[EMAIL PROTECTED] committed:
> RCS file: /cvsroot/fink/dists/10.3/unstable/main/finkinfo/x11/xv.info,v
>
> +xv is an interactive image manipulation program for the X Window System. It can
> operate on images in the GIF, JPEG, TIFF, PBM, PGM, PPM, XPM, X11 bitmap, Sun
> Rasterfile, Targa, RLE, RGB, BMP, PCX, FITS, PM, PM, MAG, PIC, MAKI, PI and PICS
> formats on all known types of X displays. It can generate PostScript files, and if
> you have ghostscript (version 2.6 or above) installed on your machine, it can also
> display them.

The DescDetail is one giant line, so it looks like crap on plain-text
displays. A couple of weeks ago I added a validator warning for this a
couple of weeks ago, but I don't think it's gotten into a fink-release
yet.

I don't think the Packaging Manual mentions the exact line length
specs for any field, but it probably should. Current situation:

  DescDetail:  warn at 79
  DescUsage:   warn at 79

dan

--