On Wed, Mar 17, 2004 at 06:48:52PM -0500, Dave Vasilevsky wrote:
> On Mar 17, 2004, at 1:22 PM, jfm wrote:
> >I thought this was quite correct : isn't a subdirectory a file in
> >itself ?
>
> Directories are files, yes. But why doesn't du count directories on
> HFS? I don't care which it does, as long as it's consistent.
>
> I'd like to both keep du_sk consistent with du, but I can't have that
> and also have FS independence. So which is more important?

I think if Debian uses 'du -sk' for Installed-Size then that's the
behavior we should have, not 'du -sk as if it were run on a certain
FS'. That field is created during compiling and used during
installation, and in general, these two actions occur on the same
filesystem. If you're going to the trouble to change fink, may as
well make it give a correct-for-that-user size.

If your test case is reasonable and it fails, then the solution seems
to be fixing the code, not contorting the test to hide the regession:)

dan

--
Daniel Macks
[EMAIL PROTECTED]