On Sep 21, 2004, at 12:02 AM, D. Höhn wrote:

This is a design choice. We have often thought on different ways to
handle such situations. We do agree that manual interaction is the best
choice in this case.

Hmm... It still seems like a strange choice. I mean, why give up if there are still more mirrors to search? Perhaps there is a mailing list thread that explains what the thoughts were on this matter?

After all, I've seen some .info files that specify five or six custom mirrors. Does that mean Fink will prompt me five or six times until it finds the file? Or will it just prompt after failing in the master, and then walk through the mirrors automatically, without prompting?

OK, how about this: Let's say I get my .info working, and it gets accepted into the main Fink distribution (whatever that means). Will the source tarball for the package (or jar or whatever it is) eventually be placed into http://distfiles.master.finkmirrors.net/?

Trevor