On Thu, Jan 20, 2005 at 09:58:25PM -0600, Chris Dolan wrote:

> OK, never mind my previous email.  I've now built and submitted
> packages for carp-clan-pm, bit-vector-pm, and date-calc-pm.  Manuel, if
> you would be willing to download my .info files from the package
> tracker and try them out, I'd appreciate it.  Once these are accepted
> to Fink, you can simply add
>   Depends: date-calc-pm580 | date-calc-pm581 | date-calc-pm584
> to your package.

Seems like that's just asking for trouble. If I have two perl versions
installed and date-calc-pmXXX in only one of them, how do you know the
perl your pkg happens to use is the one that has Date::Calc? You are
(re)creating a "date-calc-pm placeholder" package, a practice we
abolished (in practice, and by at-least-unofficial policy).

dan

--
Daniel Macks
[EMAIL PROTECTED]