all -shlibs won't be needed, there will be a new policy (which was a silent one anyhow) that all -dev pkgs must depend on their -shlibs like foo-shlibs (= %v-%r). Now this is true for most shlibs anyhow so indirectly -dev builddeps means -dev and shlibs, the reason we need to change that I have written a new branch that will auto fill in the Depends field, except for runtime depends like binary pkgs and such. So adding -shlibs pkgs to the builddep line is a waste once all pkgs comply.

In short, to all maintainers, please do the following:

all pkgs such be able fink build foo with out the depends line so comment it out and add what is needed to builddep line.

Also we NEED and I can't stress this enough, need proper shlibs fields.

The format is as such

Shlibs: <<
%p/lib/libfoo.5.dylib 4.0.0 %n (>= 4.0-1)
<<

1) installed lib name of the major versioned lib, that means the actual dylib not the one of the symlinks
2) the compat version of the lib, you can get this by running otool -L on 1)
3) the lowest version of the pkg that has this lib, should almost always be %n and a -1 revision of when the compat version of this lib first made it into a fink pkg, This value shouldn't change until the next time the compat version on that lib changes.

Also contrary to some pkgs and what we may have stated before please do NOT use
foo-shlibs (>= 1.0-1) | foo-ssl-shlibs (>= 1.0-1). We may allow it for x11 and nox variants but for now please only one pkgname and version.

The more Maintainers do the faster we won't need to worry about Depends anymore :D
---
TS
http://southofheaven.org
Chaos is the beginning and end, try dealing with the rest.