I will revive buildconflicts again, and I say again cause I wrote it the first time and I believe Max disabled it because of an other issue which also affected the shlibs stuff. After over a year we found away around it for the shlibs stuff and I'm currently working on a system for fink to add and remove users and groups via info file that will embed into the deb files making the passwd package no longer needed. Once that is done I'll tackle buildconflicts again and try not to break other things this time :D so likely a few months away.
---
TS
http://southofheaven.org
Chaos is the beginning and end, try dealing with the rest.