I've been going through my latest build results (currently uploading to sancho, which is being slow today), and I've patched all of the packages I was able to try building which were unhappy with Xcode 2.1. Emails have gone out to maintainers.

The three big categories of failure I saw were:

    *error: array type has incomplete element type
        Cause:
            struct foo bar[];
            struct foo { ... };
        Solution:
            struct foo { ... };
            struct foo bar[];

    *build/foo: No such file or directory
        Cause: xcodebuild build directory structure changed in 2.1.
        Solution:
            strip build/foo || strip build/Deployment/foo
        OR:
xcver=$(xcodebuild -version | grep DevToolsCore | sed 's/.*DevToolsCore-//' | sed 's/\..*//')
            if [ -z "$xcver" ]
               then echo "Couldn't determine xcodebuild version" 2>&1
               exit 1
            elif [ $xcver -lt 620 ]
               then builddir="build"
            else
               builddir="build/Deployment"
            fi

            strip $builddir/foo
            strip $builddar/bar

    *configure: error: C++ compiler cannot create executables
Cause: Invalid command-line option being passed to compiler. We let some unknown options silently slip by pre-2.1.
        Solution: Check config.log for the option and remove it.

There was also a compiler crash in gdal which I've filed a radar on, I'll send the maintainer a workaround when I have one.

Patched packages are:

cfengine
contacts
ekg