On Tue, 8 Nov 2005 08:55:39 -0500
"Alexander K. Hansen" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > anyway the issue in my case was pango1-xft2-dev that wasn't installed. I
> > have no idea how that could have happened since it's a dependency for gtk+2
> > but here you go.
>
> It's a _build_ dependency for gtk+2, so it can be freely removed after
> gtk+2 is installed.
>
> This means that whatever package you're working on needs to require
> pango1-xft2-dev as a build dependency.

I don't think that' the case. simply running

$ pkg-config --cflags gtk+-2.0

at the command line returns:

Package pangoxft was not found in the pkg-config search path.
Perhaps you should add the directory containing `pangoxft.pc'
Package 'pangoxft', required by 'GDK', not found

reinstalling the pango-dev package sorts out both pkg-config output and gtk+2
test program.

I will add the dep for good measure but I remain unconvinced.

Best Regards,
Rogue