On Nov 9, 2005, at 9:51 PM, Trevor Harmon wrote:

Unfortunately, I don't know of any such tool for Java packages, which is what I've mainly been submitting to Fink. Same problem with Perl, Python, and so on. Anybody know of otool equivalents for these languages?

For Perl, the best tools are Module::Depends::Intrusive for unpacked tar.gz packages and Module::ScanDeps for installed software. Luckily, the Perl community has a strong culture of carefully listing all dependencies in Makefile.PL or Build.PL or META.yml. The latter is the best source, since it's a document not code, but it has not yet been widely adopted in the community.

I have a mkpkg.pl script in experimental/chrisdolan that looks up Perl modules on CPAN and tries to build .info files for them using metadata from the files included in the tarball.

Chris
--
Chris Dolan, Software Developer, Clotho Advanced Media Inc.
608-294-7900, fax 294-7025, 1435 E Main St, Madison WI 53703

Clotho Advanced Media, Inc. - Creators of MediaLandscape Software (http://www.media-landscape.com/) and partners in the revolutionary Croquet project (http://www.opencroquet.org/)