I just built the new lame-3.96.1-2 package, and noted some strange dpkg warnings:

Unpacking replacement lame ...
dpkg: warning - unable to delete old file `/Volumes/BU/sw/src/ fink.build': Directory not empty dpkg: warning - unable to delete old file `/Volumes/BU/sw/src': Directory not empty dpkg: warning - unable to delete old file `/Volumes/BU/sw': Directory not empty
dpkg: warning - unable to delete old file `/Volumes/BU': Resource busy
dpkg: warning - unable to delete old file `/Volumes': Directory not empty

Note - /Volumes/BU/sw/src/fink.build is defined as the Buildpath in / sw/etc/fink.conf. Other packages seem happy with this arrangement, but it looks like the lame package might be confused by it.

dpkg certainly shouldn't be trying to delete /Volumes/BU or / Volumes. /Volumes/BU is my backup hard drive. Fortunately, nothing appears to have been deleted from /Volumes/BU.

Kevin Horton
Ottawa, Canada