Kevin Horton wrote:
I just built the new lame-3.96.1-2 package, and noted some strange dpkg warnings:

Unpacking replacement lame ...
dpkg: warning - unable to delete old file `/Volumes/BU/sw/src/fink.build': Directory not empty dpkg: warning - unable to delete old file `/Volumes/BU/sw/src': Directory not empty dpkg: warning - unable to delete old file `/Volumes/BU/sw': Directory not empty
dpkg: warning - unable to delete old file `/Volumes/BU': Resource busy
dpkg: warning - unable to delete old file `/Volumes': Directory not empty

Note - /Volumes/BU/sw/src/fink.build is defined as the Buildpath in /sw/etc/fink.conf. Other packages seem happy with this arrangement, but it looks like the lame package might be confused by it.

dpkg certainly shouldn't be trying to delete /Volumes/BU or /Volumes. /Volumes/BU is my backup hard drive. Fortunately, nothing appears to have been deleted from /Volumes/BU.

What this means is that the previous version you had installed, 3.96.1-1, was broken and installed some stuff (man files I think) into %i instead of %p. The new version doesn't do this. You can check by running "fink remove lame" and see whether it gives the same warnings or not. In your case nothing bad happened, because all these directories were not empty and fink does not remove non-empty directories. In my case, it would have been worse, because /sw is a symlink, and fink would have been happy to remove it.