On May 13, 2006, at 3:23 AM, Martin Costabel wrote:

Now that cvs is up again, I guess everybody is reinventing the wheel in the form of a little one-liner to convert their local CVS repository to the new style.

To save others the time for testing, here is one that worked for me (cut in four to avoid chopping by mailers):

find . -name CVS -type d \
-execdir perl -pi -e \
's|[EMAIL PROTECTED]|[EMAIL PROTECTED]|' CVS/Root \; \
-execdir perl -pi -e 's|/cvsroot/fink/||' CVS/Repository \;

Note that if you only change the Root and don't change the Repository too (a change I haven't seen mentioned in SF's explanations of the new configuration), you will get thousands of "move away *; it is in the way" messages.

Martin,

This strikes me as very strange. I've just been looking over my checkouts from the old CVS server, and I can't find the string '/ cvsroot/fink/' (with or without leading and/or trailing slashes) in any of the CVS/Repository files. Moreover, my understanding of the cvs checkout projects suggests that they shouldn't be there.

Can anyone else who has not converted their CVS checkouts yet confirm either Martin's observation of /cvsroot/fink/ being part of the string in CVS/Repository, or my observation that it's not?

  Thanks,
  Dave