Le 14 mai 2006 à 10:52, Martin Costabel a écrit :

David R. Morrison wrote:
[]
This strikes me as very strange. I've just been looking over my checkouts from the old CVS server, and I can't find the string '/ cvsroot/fink/' (with or without leading and/or trailing slashes) in any of the CVS/Repository files. Moreover, my understanding of the cvs checkout projects suggests that they shouldn't be there.

Well, I just looked at a not yet converted fink checkout.

Result:
275 CVS/Repository files
171 have a path starting with /cvsroot/fink/
104 don't.

This is indeed very strange and I don't yet see a clear system behind it. The entire dists/10.4-transitional tree has /cvsroot, the entire dists/10.4 tree doesn't, in the other trees there are some directories that do and some that don't, for example

$ cat 10.3/*stable/CVS/Repository
dists/10.3/stable
/cvsroot/fink/dists/10.3/unstable

What has changed is that apparently this chaotic mixture of absolute and relative pathnames had been accepted until now, but is not accepted any more. Or maybe it is? I did another test just now, adding /cvsroot/fink/, and did not get any "move out of the way" error message. But I am sure I got them yesterday and they only went away when I changed the Repository paths. I still have the terminal output showing them, for example

cvs update: move away 10.3/apt.info; it is in the way
C 10.3/apt.info

This is also weird, because there is and was no 10.3/apt.info.
My suspicion is that the SF guys still hadn't quite finished their new system, and absolute path names got a wrong translation.

In any case, the perl -pie I suggested does no harm if the /cvsroot/ fink is already absent. But I am now not sure it is needed.
Could it be related to the fink version used? Or the way CVSROOT is defined?

I had/have no cvsroot/fink in any of my trees, but installed from head and the script posted on the fink chanel (i.e. the change to ROOT) was sufficient to make the move without any move away. But indeed, I had/have a (modifiable) CVSROOT defined to blahblahblah/ cvsroot/fink.

Amicalement,
Michèle
<http://micmacfr.homeunix.org>