On 1/20/06, Murali Vadivelu <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Does aptitude and fink share the same database

Not directly.  aptitude only knows about binary packages (either on
your system or on a binary distribution server) while fink also knows
about the source distribution.

and can it be used
> interchangeably?

Only for those packages that are available in binary form.

> Why not make fink aptitude like? I like aptitude's automatic removal
> of dependencies when removing the package with which it was installed
> in the first place, if it is not depended by something else that is
> installed.

fink remove --recursive <packagename> does the same thing.

--
Alexander K. Hansen
Fink Documenter