On Mon, Feb 20, 2006 at 09:09:59AM +0100, Mich?le Garoche wrote:
> 2- There is no gnome-vfs2-ssl package on 10.4 stable tree, as in 10.4-
> transitional stable tree; Nevertheless some packages mention it as an
> or'ed dependency. Is it ok, or would it be safer to drop the gnome-
> vfs2-ssl part?

I think it's fine to leave it. In current practice, as long as at
least one package of an ORed set is present in the tree, there's no
problem if there are others that aren't present.

> Some conflicts today:
>
> Trying to update-all today - that is February 20th 2006 - 6:35: 44
> UTC time (I already installed glade2 and bluefish yesterday), there
> is a conflict between libgnome2-dev and gnome-libs-dev:

Correct. I added that a month or two ago because the gnome1 and gnome2
.h often wind up loading each other, which leads to lots of compiler
errors. At the time, I searched all of unstable looking for packages
that used both. In every case I found, it appeared to be a maintainer
mistake, not an actual dependency, and I fixed it. I probably forgot
to propagate to stable:(

> It seems that gdk-pixbuf uses gnome-libs-dev

That's consistent for the gnome1 world.

> gnome-desktop uses libgnome2-dev

That's consistent for the gnome2 world, but...

> and gnome-libs-dev

That dependency is not needed (gnome-desktop 2.x does not use the
gnome1 libraries).

> Packages directly affected (and probably a good mesure of other ones
> in gnome):
> gdk-pixbuf

I don't see a problem with that package.

> glade2

There is no occurrence of 'gdk' anywhere in the files
10.[34]*/*stable/finkinfo/gnome/*glade*.info

> gnome-desktop gnome-panel

Was fixed when the newer versions went into unstable. Now also fixed
in stable.

dan

--
Daniel Macks