Jack Howarth wrote:
Chris,
    I had been hoping that X11.app and Rosetta would have been
designed such that the X11 libs would be present in both binary
formats (intel and ppc) so that pre-existing X11 ppc binaries
could be run through Rosetta. That would have really smoothed
the transition.

I don't have a Mac/Intel yet, so I don't what is installed there, but on the ppc you get universal X11 libs from xcode-2.2.1 in the MacOSX10.4u.sdk. They are meant for cross-developing, but couldn't the same things be used for the purpose you have in mind?

% file /Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.4u.sdk//usr/X11R6/lib/libXaw.7.0.dylib
/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.4u.sdk//usr/X11R6/lib/libXaw.7.0.dylib: Mach-O fat file with 2 architectures /Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.4u.sdk//usr/X11R6/lib/libXaw.7.0.dylib (for architecture i386): Mach-O dynamically linked shared library stub i386 /Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.4u.sdk//usr/X11R6/lib/libXaw.7.0.dylib (for architecture ppc): Mach-O dynamically linked shared library stub ppc