On Mar 20, 2006, at 5:14 PM, Chris Dolan wrote:
Yes, "fink list" data are indeed exactly what I'm seeking, but the numbers need to be accessible to a non-Mac and Macs that don't have Fink installed. I can do "fink list" or the equivalent on my own machine and upload the data to my own website via cron, but I was hoping to find something a little more "official".

Fink is all written in perl, there's no particular reason why the package indexing part couldn't run on any Unix. Probably some small patches or options would be needed, eg: for Architecture. If I still had Linux installed, I'd try it now, but I don't. However if you want to give it a try, I'll be around in #fink to answer questions.

Dave