I've been wrangling with gnucash dependencies for a while. Early on
it was possible to avoid the crypto tree by getting unified versions
of libofx and crypt-ssleay-pm packaged.

Gwenhywfar and aqbanking will be crypto for the foreseeable future
because they implement the crypto for the German hbci banking.

When I submitted the info files to the tracker, I had handled the ssl
dependencies in gwen and aqbanking the same way as they were handled
in libofx and crypt-ssleay: forcing the use of the system openssl
libraries.

Considering that the main use of gwen and aqbanking will be gnucash,
is it appropriate to restrict gwen and aqbanking to the system
openssl versions (so that all use of ssl in a fully enabled gnucash
goes through the system versions), or should the dependency be
softened to allow the fink openssl versions?

Happily, the unified openssl workaround buys a lot for gnucash. At
least there can be a binary version that does everything except
direct online bank connections.

Dave
--
David Reiser