>     I would like to have the gcc42 package introduced into fink 10.4
> unstable now. The current packaging is on fink tracking at...
>
> http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1597013&group_id=17203&atid=414256
>
> The gcc 4.2 branch has been stablized for some weeks now however the
> rate of development is pretty slow so it isn't worth waiting for the
> final gcc 4.2 release. My goals are to...
>
> 1) put gcc42 into fink 10.4 unstable.
> 2) migrate all of the packages in fink 10.4 unstable
> with gcc4 dependencies to gcc42.
> 3) Remove the current gcc4 from fink 10.4 unstable.
> 4) Modify gcc4 in fink 10.4 stable to conflict with
> gcc42 and introduce gcc42 to fink 10.4 stable.

Hi,
        Just a clarification: by 3 and 4) you're not planning to remove
the current gcc4 (4.1) completely right? just out of the way for 4.2 in
unstable, correct?  I'd still like to keep each release branch around, as
I'm still usign/testing them periodically.  I was hoping to have their
suffixes renamed -4.x, but I can live with them conflicting, as I can just
switch between them with fink.

> Steps 3 and 4 can wait perhaps until gcc 4.2 is actually released.
> However I would at least like to get gcc42 into fink 10.4 unstable so
> we can complete step 2.
>                       Jack
> ps I also have updated libmpfr1 packaging on the fink tracking system
> with a new libmpfr1-64bit package both based on this weeks 2.2.1
> release. It would be nice to get those into fink 10.4 unstable as
> well.

FWIW, I tested these out RC-1 (make check) on the various Macs I have
around, and all their tests passed.  Looks good.

Thanks again for all the maintainence work on these.

David Fang
Computer Systems Laboratory
Electrical & Computer Engineering
Cornell University
http://www.csl.cornell.edu/~fang/
        -- (2400 baud? Netscape 3.0?? lynx??? No problem!)