On 1/24/07, Kasper Peeters <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I have written a symbolic computer algebra system "Cadabra" which I
> know can be compiled on Mac OS X. However, many OS X users ask me
> whether there is a way to get it through fink, as this is obviously
> much simpler than compiling it from scratch.

If it can be built from scratch on OS X, then that's a great start!

> As I do not have a Mac, I thought to ask for help here.  Concretely,
> is there anyone here who could help me package this program for fink?
> All details and source code are available from
>
>    http://www.aei.mpg.de/~peekas/cadabra/
>
> There is a command-line part which should not cause much problems, and
> a graphical user interface which uses gtk & gtkmm. The latter should
> certainly work with X11.app (someone has done this before) but perhaps
> there is by now a way to use gtk natively.

Native (Aqua) GTK still isn't mature enough for general use, as far as I know.

I already have Debian
> packages for Ubuntu Linux, which might be a good starting point.

Actually, not as much as you might think--Fink uses a completely
different build system.

> Any help is highly appreciated. Thanks!
>
> Best,
> Kasper

Check out

http://fink.sourceforge.net/doc/quick-start-pkg/index.php

and

http://fink.sourceforge.net/doc/packaging/index.php
.
They'll help you get started.  I'm away for a few days, but somebody
else on this list will be able to help you move towards a fully
operational Fink package.
--
Alexander K. Hansen
(akh)