Alexander Hansen wrote:
> You'd have to rebuild the package--the Depends information is coded
> into the .deb file.  (or you could manually unpack the .deb file, edit
> the control file, and repack it).
>
> The issue is that fink treats 0:x.y.z = x.y.z, but apt thinks 0:x.y.z >> x.y.z

Thanks! I understand now and was afraid that would be the answer. With
almost any other package I would rebuild it at the drop of a hat, but
of course it takes a bit longer with this particular one. (Manually
editing the .deb would certainly be faster.) I hope that if it's fixed
that the revision isn't bumped.... I'll probably go ahead and rebuild
it anyway to keep apt-get happy and humming along.

I suppose it's worth a feature request that the validator check for
extraneous "%e:" on "unepoched" packages....