Pascal Gourdel wrote:
> I know that the package has no more maintainer and i want to thank
> once again the previous maintainer and the team.
> I had a problem in order to compile the package on an intel based
> configuration.
> I've just tried the following change of the file maxima.info
> which seems to work (succesfull compilation and the first tests seem ok).
>
> I removed the dependency on clisp and replaced it by sbcl
>
> diff /sw/fink/10.4/unstable/crypto/finkinfo/maxima.info
> /sw_official/fink/10.4/unstable/crypto/finkinfo/maxima.info
> 9c9
> < Depends: clisp (>= 2.41-1), gnuplot, libgettext3-shlibs, libiconv,
> libncurses5-shlibs, libsigsegv-shlibs, readline5-shlibs, recode,
> rlwrap (>= 0.28-1), tcltk
> ---
>
>>  Depends: sbcl, gnuplot, libgettext3-shlibs, libiconv,
>> libncurses5-shlibs, libsigsegv-shlibs, readline5-shlibs, recode,
>> rlwrap (>= 0.28-1), tcltk
>>
> 15c15
> < ConfigureParams: --infodir='${prefix}/share/info'
> --mandir='${prefix}/share/man' --libexecdir='${prefix}/lib'
> --enable-recode --enable-clisp
> ---
>
>>  ConfigureParams: --infodir='${prefix}/share/info'
>> --mandir='${prefix}/share/man' --libexecdir='${prefix}/lib'
>> --enable-recode  --enable-sbcl

> Pascal

There was some discussion about using sbcl with maxima--though that was
a while ago:

https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=414256&aid=1176784&group_id=17203

What was the problem that you had?  It's possible that whatever package
it was needs to be updated for Intel machines.

--
Alexander K. Hansen
(akh)