(maintainer cc'ed)

I'm going to be releasing a wxmac version of wxmaxima shortly.  (I
tried wxgtk, by the way, but the executable didn't work; I'm going to
try that again after the pangocairo update)

My original idea was to come up with non-X11-using versions of all of
the dependencies, and for maxima, to reduce overhead for the user.
However, I found that there was a dependency on libgl-shlibs--provided
by x11-shlibs--in wxmac.  So it seemed like there wasn't much point in
de-x11izing the other dependencies.

I've put this message in a thread where I brought up this issue
before, along with vasi's reply.

--
Alexander K. Hansen
(akh)