Martin,
    Actually it appears that this error with using corefoundation
only occurs under Leopard. The same tcltk packaging without the
-disable-corefoundation option runs pymol-py fine under Tiger.
However this still raises the question of why do we want to use
corefoundation (aka a frameworks build) for tcltk when run under
MacOS X under X11?
             Jack