This is a corner case of the same problem with no possible workaround.
The problem is that libGL is a unique library in that it needs to exist
in a special X11 version with additional symbols. The libGLw library
uses some of these symbols unique to the X11 version of libGL.dylib and
thus the nasty hack of substituting the framework version of libGL.dylib
can't possibly provide the required symbols for libGLw.dylib. I have
filed a radar report 5563698 "X11R6's libGLw.dylib can not be linked under
Leopard"
on this issue.
   I am extremely disturbed by the utter ineptitude at Apple that let this
fundamental breakage occur. Waiting until the very last second to build
a major component of Leopard (X11) with the new linker is imbecilic at
best (and a dereliction of duties at worst).
              Jack