Since Sourceforge has now decided to transmit your message after 3 days,
I'll try to answer, although I don't know how to help.

Tudor Marian wrote:
[]
> The compiler command line is the following:
>  gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I.. -D__GMP_WITHIN_GMP -I.. -I/sw/include
> -m32 -O2 -fomit-frame-pointer -mtune=k8 -march=k8 -c get_d.c
> -fno-common -DPIC -o .libs/get_d.o
>
> As for the ``build system type:''
> checking build system type... core2-apple-darwin8.11.1

Ah, you are running OSX 10.4. It is obvious that the "-mtune=k8
-march=k8" flags provided by gmp for the core2 processors are nonsense,
but gmp has extensive code for checking on which architecture it is
being built and has strong ideas about the right flags for eaach
architecture, and this doesn't look easy to circumvent, let alone
transform into something useful.

OTOH, there exist specific patches for gmp on core2 on the net (bottom
of the page <http://www.math.jmu.edu/~martin/>), but these are for the
64bit version of gmp, and at least on Leopard the Fink gmp-64bit package
seems to build OK for the core2 processor anyway, without these patches.