I just committed gtk+2-2.14.3-1, continuing the push towards the new
gnome2.24 level of the gnome core packages. As of this commit, the
gail18* packages are merged into the gtk+2* packages (%N, %N-dev,
%N-shlibs).  I marked gail18* as fink-obsolete-packages, empty
packages that depend on their gtk+2* counterparts, so dependencies on
these legacy things will continue to "just work" as intended. Users
may experience "dependency on an obsolete package" warnings until we
finish upgrading all of fink to use the new gtk+2 (add versioned dep
on new gt+2* and remove dep on gail18*). However, they can ignore
these maintainer warnings (unless they are submitting new packages, in
which case they need to fix their own deps:) as the old gail18* will
be around for a long time to aid in this upgrade route. OTOH
maintainers should make sure to change their dependencies (and rev-up,
as usual) at their earliest convenience to keep users from getting
anxious:)

dan

--
Daniel Macks