On 13/10/2008, Daniel Macks <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I just committed gtk+2-2.14.3-1, continuing the push towards the new
>  gnome2.24 level of the gnome core packages. As of this commit, the
>  gail18* packages are merged into the gtk+2* packages (%N, %N-dev,
>  %N-shlibs).  I marked gail18* as fink-obsolete-packages, empty
>  packages that depend on their gtk+2* counterparts, so dependencies on
>  these legacy things will continue to "just work" as intended. Users
>  may experience "dependency on an obsolete package" warnings until we
>  finish upgrading all of fink to use the new gtk+2 (add versioned dep
>  on new gt+2* and remove dep on gail18*). However, they can ignore
>  these maintainer warnings (unless they are submitting new packages, in
>  which case they need to fix their own deps:) as the old gail18* will
>  be around for a long time to aid in this upgrade route. OTOH
>  maintainers should make sure to change their dependencies (and rev-up,
>  as usual) at their earliest convenience to keep users from getting
>  anxious:)

Thanks for the update.

However, my problem with gqview is not solved.

When I install gqview gtk+2-shlibs is installed but I have to install
gtk+2 for gqview to work.

Shouldn't the shlibs package provide enough configuration for the
shlibs to work?

(gqview:15788): GdkPixbuf-WARNING **: Cannot open pixbuf loader module
file '/sw/etc/gtk-2.0/gdk-pixbuf.loaders': No such file or directory

Thanks

Michal