Hello,

I've had some issues with the recent updates to gtk+2 (2.14.3) and
gconf2 (2.24.0). In particular, gconf2 seems to have entirely stopped
working -- the daemon does not start up through dbus and if I manually
invoke /sw/lib/gconf2/gconfd-2 it also imply dies without an error
message. This wreaks havoc with most gnome apps of course... so I
downgraded gconf2 and all was well. But I still had an issue with
gnucash2, which still failed to launch apparently because it was
unable to load icons necessary for the splash screen -- there was a
one line error, which I didn't save, for which I duly apologize. But I
can say that once I downgraded gtk+2 to 2.12, gnucash2 worked once
again. So I realize this is somewhat vague, but I'd like to at least
request that others test gnucash2 on the latest packages to see if
there may be problems, and also to point out that there may be some
difficult to debug problems gconf2 (akh on #fink says it works fine
for him).

Dave