File bug against seamonkey upstream? Seems poor for them to require
unreleased code in an external dependency (and at best they should be
forced to know they're doing so). Or does seamonkey have an on-board
libpng source and upstream will just say "use the one we ship"?

dan

On Wed, Nov 05, 2008 at 05:45:03PM -0800, David R. Morrison wrote:
> Here's what I managed to find out about APNG:
>
> http://littlesvr.ca/apng/
>
> It looks like a patch that is no longer being maintained by its author
> and has not been integrated into the main line of libpng code.  How
> should we proceed?
>
>    -- Dave
>

> On Nov 4, 2008, at 6:27 PM, Jean-Fran?ois Mertens wrote:
>
> > Hi Dave,
> >
> > I'm starting to look at the alpha versions of seamonkey-2.0,
> > (just to be prepared..:), and get the following in my configure
> > output:
> >> checking for png_get_valid in -lpng... yes
> >> checking for png_get_acTL in -lpng... no
> >> configure: error: --with-system-png won't work because the system's
> >> libpng doesn't have APNG support
> >> ### execution of /var/tmp/tmp.2.ukB0KW failed, exit code 1
> >
> > (and checking shows it was really fink's libpng.., and that
> > "nm -mfg /sw/lib/libpng.dylib|fgrep png_get_acTL"  yields nothing..)
> >
> > Is this fixable ? If so, could you do it please ?
> > I'd hate to have to use some internal libpng ..
> >
> > Best  _ and thanks !
> >
> > Jean-Francois

Daniel Macks
[EMAIL PROTECTED]