On Sat, Feb 21, 2009 at 02:18:20PM -0500, Koen van der Drift wrote:
> Error: package contains the shared library
>           /sw/lib/libopenbabel.3.0.0.dylib
>        but the corresponding install_name and compatibility_version
>           libopenbabel.3.dylib 3.0.0
>        are not listed in the Shlibs field.  See the packaging manual.

The latter filname data is taken from 'otool -L' on the former
filename, which is set by the -install_name flag used when compiling
the lib. Notice that the data does not contain the full path, just a
simple filename (fink-supplied public libs need to declare themselves
as the complete path). I bet upstream didn't pass -install_name at
all, or tried to hack it manually and didn't pass the libdir.

> Also, the current info file of openbabel is openbabel-2.0.2.info. What
> should I name the updated file?

openbabel-WHATEVER_%v.info? Openbabel (at least the existing package)
includes several different libraries, each in -shlibs/-dev splitoffs
named for that lib's libversioning. So the top-level package might
have who-know-what-other-version-named stuff in it and older %v need
to be kept (in order to keep those older libversion splitoffs) per
Shlibs Policy. Including the package's %v in the .info filename lets
us keep two different %v of the same top-level %n, each supplying
different libversion components.

dan

--
Daniel Macks