(note: please don't follow-up to *both* lists to which this is sent!)

Unstable has had its gnome suite at the level of GNOME2.24 for a few
months now and I haven't seen any new error reports related to it.
Several maintainers have asked about migrating their packages to
stable, but are blocked because stable's gnome is an older
version. Likewise, I've held back from upgrading anything in unstable
to GNOME2.26 (out a month already) to make sure 2.24 packages are all
shaken down well.

So maybe in a week or two we'll upgrade anything gnomish in stable
that is newer in unstable. Kinda have to do this monolithically
because there were so many transient problems when we went into
unstable package-by-package. I'm going to avoid updating other active
maintainers' packages that are just leaves on the gnome tree unless I
know the only changes in unstable vs existing stable are bug-fixes
related to the new gnome. And I'm not going to migrate packages that
aren't presently in stable at all unless they are dependencies of
packages I will be migrating.

Consider this open-season on any & all bugs in gnome-related packages!

dan

--
Daniel Macks
dma...@netspace.org