Alexander Hansen wrote:

> Robert Wyatt wrote:
>> Jeremy H has just released XQuartz 2.4.1_alpha1 for Snow Leopard. I'm
>> going to continue to work through building the bundle- packages with the
>> X11 that shipped with 10.6 for now unless you folks think that it
>> shouldn't matter (in which case I would install the alpha).
>> --Robert
>>

> It may well matter.  Supposedly XQuartz for Snow Leopard is going to
> install under /opt, so Fink packages may need to be more explicit about
> their X11 detection to force the use of the official X11.

I rather think Fink should warn *not* to install this xquartz update.
Xquartz itself should give some warnings, too, like it should have
warned not to install 2.4.0 on 10.5 if an update to 10.6 was ever planned.

There will certainly be some discussion on the x11-users list, once
people become aware of the fact that Jeremy is now on a completely
different trip and no longer mainly fixes bugs of Apple's X11, but
offers bleeding-edge x.org X11 that may interfere with the working and
use of Apple's X11. I am looking forward to this discussion...