Tomoaki Okayama schrieb:
> At Sun, 11 Oct 2009 20:59:49 +0200,
> Carsten Schultz wrote:
>> Tomoaki Okayama schrieb:
>>> Dear Fink users/developers,
>>>
>>> I am pleased to announce that TeX Live is now available on
>>> 10.4/10.5/10.6 in unstable. Enjoy it!
>>>
>>> - libkpathsea4.info (3.5.7-1, update)
>>> - texlive-texmf.info (0.20080822-1, new)
>>> - texlive.info (0.20080816-1, new)
>> I appreciate your effort, since tetex is getting old.  On the other
>> hand, it works fine for me at the moment, and I would like postpone
>> switching.  Would it be possible to have libkpathsea4 depend on texlive
>> /or/ tetex so that  fink update-all  will not force texlive on me?
>> Especially since >400MB seems like a huge download.
>>
> If
>  BuildDepends: texlive-texmf | tetex-texmf
> works, it might be possible. Please try it.

When I wrote the above, I wasn't fully aware of the situation.  I now
see that libkpathsea4 is now built from the texlive source as before it
was built from the tetex source.  It therefore does not seem to me that
it would not make sense to use the new libkpathsea4 with tetex and
download both sources, even if it might work.

So in essence you are forcing texlive on all tetex users.  This is not
necessarily a complaint, I am just stating this because I do not know if
that was your intention.  And currently a simple update-all does not
work at all.

> Let me say:
> Yes, 435MB is huge, but the original texmf tarball
> texlive-20080822-texmf.tar.lzma (860MB) is twice! :-/
> I tried to reduce the size in a simple way, and
> texlive-20080822-texmf-delpdf.tar.bz2 (435MB) is my answer.
> If someone has another idea for it, please let me know.

Yes, this is due to the monolithic nature of these distributions and
nothing for which you could be blamed.  Since texlive seems to be
popular, I maybe should simply stop bickering and install it.  I just
hesitate to do so before finishing the paper that I am writing at the
moment.

Again, thanks for your effort!  It is good to have a supported tex
distribution in fink.

Carsten