On 24 Jun 2010, at 03:09, DJamé Seddah wrote:

> Hi list,
> I just installed fink on  a brand new 10.6.4 install (using rsync,
> selfupdate, etc.)  and I wanted to install mc
> (fink install mc)
> and I'm astonished about the amount of stuff that seems to be needed
> for this soft: 57 pkgs, among which one can find tcl/tk, sgml*,
> libjpeg, docbook and so on...
> I've installed this soft I don't know how many times on various system
> (solaris, true64, many linux) and usually it only asked for glib,
> readline, gettext, libncurse, libgz, libzip and that's it...
> not this whole mess.
>
> Is there anything broken here ?

I see a problem _ not related to your question _
sorry going in tne opposite direction:

# otool_deps mc
glib2-shlibs, libgettext3-shlibs, libiconv, libncursesw5-shlibs

and no libncursesw5 appears among the deps ..

"and usually it only asked for glib, ..."
that's where all the deps recursively come from...
(through its dependence gtk-doc).

jfm

PS: I see HansPeter already replied in a similar vein;
but this msg won't get out before tomorrow noon _ sorry
Only additional info is the missing dep +bdep on
libncursesw5  ..